Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've got a pumpkin ...

What's up ya'll? It's Saturday morning and J went right back to sleep after eating so I thought I'd hop on here and say hello! It's also Halloween, which we were quasi excited about, but it's pouring outside and I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to keep it up all day long. Jackson is going to be a lion (a sweet friend from church let us borrow a costume that belongs to her son) and so I guess we'll dress him up and take pictures - not too sure if we'll make it out anywhere or not. We are basically homebodies these days except for going to work .. there's just too much yuck going around for me to justify taking the little man out and about too much.

We went to an orchard last Saturday and had a great time. It was cold and rainy then as well, so we mostly stayed in the barn area and ate good food, bought some yummy apple butter, local honey and apple cider and of course, a pumpkin! We didn't realize it at the time, but the pumpkin is as big as Jackson! He stayed in the stroller the entire time (that probably sounds bad, but it was chilly, rainy and there was a lot of people everywhere) so we when got him out and sat him next to the pumpkin, it was comical. Obviously we could have used a smaller one and it would have been fine, but this one has more effect. Tennessee also played that day so hence the attire (and if you saw the game, ouch! Two blocked field goal attempts .. by the same Alabama guy? Nuts!)

Not much else is going on here - we were disappointed not to go visit our family last weekend, but several people had a fever and we thought it best not to chance it. Pretty sure no one actually got sick, but you just never know .. so maybe soon we'll get to see some peeps and just enjoy each other's company. And my grandmother turns 90 on the 3rd of November - isn't that awesome? And she's such a great lady .. loves her family lots and it shows.

On a totally different note, can I tell you how ridiculously behind I have been with people's birthdays? Usually I can at least get a card in the mail, but goodness. I haven't been able to remember anyone's until it's the day of or already passed - sad, people, sad. I think the problem is that I usually have a good system where everyone's birthday is on our calendar and I also try to keep a bunch of cards on hand as well. Well the calendar isn't updated, I don't have but three cards and I was out of stamps until a couple of days ago. Sounds to me like a surefire way to forget something, doesn't it? At any rate, I'm working on my system :)

Okay enough rambling .. enjoy some pictures of the great pumpkin and some of Jackson's first solid food experience. He's been eating only cereal and bananas, but last night we added green beans. It's been fun overall, but why didn't anyone mention that the food gets everywhere? EVERYWHERE! I found green beans for three hours last night :) And the one of the bear costume was what he was going to be, but the pants are way, way too small.











1 comment:

Heather said...

Just wait the food mess has just begun!! I could vacuum at LEAST 4 times a day and still have crums and little pieces of food everywhere!!!!