Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday

Not much to report, thankfully. It's been pretty uneventful and long .. slept in until 9 this morning, but I didn't get much sleep last night due to getting up to go to the bathroom several times and trying to get my crazy hip pain to go away. For some reason, ever since I got pregnant and I try to sleep on either side, I'll wake up with this screaming pain in my hip. Lots of fun - doesn't make much sense when you're supposed to sleep on your side. Thankfully, the hospital bed moves up and down so I can try sleeping on my back while sitting up a little.

Watched "The Goonies" last night, so that was pretty fun. I'm sure Justin and I will pass along our love for that movie to our children. Both of who have been moving around like crazy today. Usually, I can feel both of them move, but it's generally either their feet only or their heads only. Today, I've been able to feel both of them move every part of their bodies around. Not sure if it was something that I ate or not .. but they've been busy.

Getting ready to do my exercises, so I better go. Yes, exercises. In order to try and keep up my arm and leg strength, the physical therapist gave me some weights and showed me several things that I can do every day, twice a day. And I do them like clockwork. I figure there's no one making me do them besides myself and if I want to be at least a little better off after all this sitting, I better do them. So I've been pretty disciplined with it. But I've worked it into my daily schedule so it's a part of what I do every day now which makes it much easier to remember and do.

Oh yeah, the cribs came in the middle of this week and Justin bought the mattresses on Thursday. So, we've got beds and a dresser now. We're making slow progress with the nursery, but at least they've got a place to sleep now. Before that, not so much.

Have a great night and rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes folks, with the two rounds of steroids and all the exercising she is doing, Kristi will be in better shape than all of us when this is all said and done. Only she will no longer be able to play baseball and her wrestling career is over.

- Her Husband

The Daniel Family said...

Hey Kristi-
I just read your entire blog and I have to say that I was blown away with how similar our stories are. It was also very good to read the thoughts of someone going through this right now. I've had so many of those same thoughts...especially the why's and the what am I supposed to learn from this. Several people have told me their "success stories" and while they are encouraging its hard to appreciate them when you are right in the middle of this adventure God put you on. All that said, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you and your twins and keeping up with your blog. I am closing in on 27 weeks and praying that I make it as far as you.

Brittany Daniel

Heather said...

Hi friend!! Love your updates. Keep those exercises up!!!! And yeah!! Baby furniture!! What color did you pick out?? Do you have car seats? Really that's all you will need for a while. Carli actually slept better in hers b/c of her tummy issues. Have you agreed on baby girl's name yet???

Heather

Laura said...

Kristi- While I was in labor, I discussed your pregnancy with my doctor (yes I was thinking of you during labor too..early labor at least). She said that it was miraculous that you had no infection and that they were able to keep you from labor after your water had broken so long ago. I definitely concur. All that you are going through will make so much sense once those babies are here. When you look into the faces of your sleeping children and realize that they were formed by the hand of God, all will make sense. When I look at Eli and Jonas and realize just how much I love them, I have a deeper understanding of the love that God has for us. Motherhood is an amazing, challenging, heartwarming, heartbreaking experience and you will be great at it. Still praying for you. Keep the updates coming.

Love,
Laura Cochran